Hello!
I'm very new to Confluence and I went ahead and created a space, leaving the Overview page blank without using any template, as I was unclear as to which one and how best to use the templates. I also figured I would be able to go back and add a template to the Overview page later when I got more comfortable with the platform, and by then any evolutions of the space would also let me have a better idea of what the Overview page should contain and look like. I went ahead and spent time on the pages populating the space, and by time I mean a lot of time and effort. I do not want to lose those pages.
So, now I want to create the Overview page for the space, and I want to utilize one of the premade templates. It seems like you can only select a template at inception and not insert one later on, is that true?
To be clear: Is it the case that templates can only be selected and used on an Overview or any subsequent pages at the beginning of the space/page making process, and cannot be added after the fact. The only way to include a template for a space/page would be to start all over and choosing a template from the get go. Yes or no?
I cannot find any clear indication either way from googling this question and forums, and its confounded me to no end. I feel like I must be missing something.
Thank you so much in advanced, I appreciate the time taken to answering my longwinded question.
Emily