I understand why I can't add any members since we already have 10 people but one person we added quit as we added them and I cannot figure out how to remove them. I was the one who set up the Jira but I don't have the user settings shown in the docs to add or remove people. I've spent over an hour on this so I would really appreciate some help.
You should be able to go to admin> user management, locate the old user and deactivate their account.
I do not see user management nor admin settings - I have checked everywhere several times. I even watched videos and it is not in the place that they show in the videos.
In the upper right is a cog/gear icon. If you cannot access then you don’t have the necessary site admin access. Is there someone else that does?
Hi @Sabeer Narula
it sounds that you are lacking administrator permissions to do the desired maintenance.Please try navigating to http://admin.atlassian.com and report back what the result is.From your description you should be enabled access there so you can manage your users as you wish. If you are getting an "access denied" error back you definitely lost (somehow?) administrator privileges.Please also refer to the documentation for a better understanding of the several permissions used in Cloud:https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/give-users-admin-permissions-964957877.html
Regards,Daniel
Hi @Sabeer Narula ,
can you see this gear icon in the top right corner?
If you can not see the 'user management' option it means you do not have admin permissions..
As @Daniel Ebers suggested Please try navigating to http://admin.atlassian.com and check what will you see there.
Regards,
Monika
yes that is the icon I referred to earlier.
Hello, we have weird issues with admin settingsI have Administrator role but I still see the message @"You do not have access to Jira settings or Atlassian admin, contact your Jira admin to grant you access."Also board's owner does not have access to even remove users! What's wrong with Jira?
We have free account on the https://go-c.atlassian.net/
Hi @Roman Milushov , there are different levels of administration. If you click on the cog icon in the upper right do you see User management?
@Jack Brickey I attached the picture (first one) with what I see when I click on the cog icon in the upper rightBtw, second picture is what the board's owner sees (not me)
As I suspected, you do not have the necessary permissions. Please contact your Jira admin.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.