Currently, sunsetting Rally and moving projects into Jira. I have a couple questions:
Thank you!
Hi @[deleted] -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I believe it is not yet possible to create a sprint from the import, or to set the sprint fields. Here is the suggestion to add the feature, which you may review and vote for:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-5942
Best regards,
Bill
As a work-around for this problem, I've created a little Windows tool called JiraSprintBuddy that can import Sprints, with start and end dates, from a CSV file. It supports importing all the Sprints into a single Board on a Project, or multiple Sprints vis their IDs.
Go here to download a copy.
Apr 2024 - I've just updated JiraSprintBuddy to v1-03 and made the following changes:
@[deleted]
JiraSprintBuddy is reported by VirusTotal online scan as MALICIOUS with connections in the backgroung to several IPs.
Do not take it personally, it is only a measure about security
See the report here:
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/7e99b7dd7b738c8966ab4600a7792f0ac532c99a8feeb59fa00c0a6a8d3f7de4/detection
Hello @Coiram
I gave this some thought. Originally, I just laughed at your absurd post, but having slept on it overnight, I have changed my mind.
Now I'm annoyed.
Having written countless freeware tools and utilities over many decades and publicly shared my code and, I came slowly to realise that the world is full of ungrateful parasites that, no matter how much you give to them freely and with good intentions, they will take what you give without a word of thanks and often criticise your work to boot. It's people like that make the whole endeavour of freeware miserable, but thankfully they are a pitiful minority.
If you haven't got the good sense to know that it's just a false positive, that's on you.
Why don't you write your own tool to solve the problem, share the code with the world, then you can lecture me on why I choose to keep my code private, and release it only as an unsigned executable that runs Base64 encoded PowerShell that's wrapped using PS2EXE and calls .NET Windows Forms assemblies directly.
Your petty, ill-informed grumbling is of no further interest to me.
Hello @[deleted]
Correct because your first reaction was a laugh on a sincere concern when I said that an online virus scan reported your toll as MALICIOUS. Very unprofessional attitude should you ask me.
This virus scan, sorry to be blunt, should have at least get you "concerned" or get you genuinely surprised also because you purposely obfuscated every single line of your code before compiling into an .exe file . . . as per your latest explanation. But that came a way too late to trust your effort to make our Jira Admin a pleasant journey.
I did not question your years of experience nor the validity of the tool and the time spent building it, it was the way you have presented it to us.
Have a good day
MP.S.: I did write in the end my own code in how to import Sprints, it ain't definitely good as yours but at least I see the bits running
Sorry this is an old post, but I think it is possible to import sprints via the Jira Agile REST API
JIRA Agile 7.0.4 (atlassian.com)
The data JSON required for the request endpoint is:{
"name": "sprint 1",
"startDate": "2015-04-11T15:22:00.000+10:00",
"endDate": "2015-04-20T01:22:00.000+10:00",
"originBoardId": 5
}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.