Im trying to add the resolution field to my project so I can create workflows with it, but for some reason it will not show up. Any thoughts?
Ive tried going into global settings and added it to the default scheme but still no dice.
Hello ,
Resolution field is only placed in "Transition screen".
Create a s new screen with resolution field only. And name the screen as "Resolution screen"
Select the workflow transition which is connected to "Done" / "Closed". Edit the transition and choose "Resolution screen" in screen tab.
Save the workflow. Now create a sample ticket , when you click on transition to Done / closed a screen will be populated and choose the suitable resolution.
I apologize I cannot follow. Are you able to take screenshots of what you mean?
I would love to be able to tell you a way to do this in Next-Gen but it ain't possible. I found Next-Gen to be so frustrating that I moved our Next-Gens back to classic just so I could work with them.
In next gens though, I noticed when you mark an issue as done it will show the resolution next to it. I just can't change it to the one I want or run it in workflows.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-issues-need-a-resolution-826873869.html
@KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH@Chris Finckis working on a Next-Gen project. You can't make the resolution visible. You can set a resolution programmatically. I suppose if you create a new text-based called resolution then you could copy the resolution value to that field but I haven't tried that yet.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.