We place images in a Confluence page to hand-off to other internal teams. From there, that team can save the images in 3 ways:
- Right click, save as
- Drag the image into a folder or desktop
- Click on the image and then hit the download button
However, we noticed with the first 2 options it's resulting in making the image file size 2-3 times larger than the file we uploaded, which is a huge problem for ad-serving. The download button requires an extra step, so I have to wonder: why is the file size fluctuating?
Can that be prevented? I would expect if I upload/insert a 200kb image, then no matter how it's saved out, it should remain 200kb or close to it. But we're seeing the file size increase to 700kb+. We are displaying the image full size (Original Size) when inserted into our Confluence template pages. Please help!