Hello,
I am trying to come up with a way to view how long team members have spent on a ticket vs the story points they estimated. I know there are several reports to view similar stats but I have not found a way to review a specific sprint by story points estimated vs actual time spent on a ticket. any ideas on how to do this would be helpful. thank you.
-Joe
I have observed teams adding a custom field for Actual Story Points that they update during sprint close. If you choose this path, you would create a custom field, and update your screens to include it.
Comparing story points with time spent is like comparing apples and buildings. They're totally different things and there is no useful equivalence you can draw. If you can do it in your process, then consider dumping story points and just using hours as your sprint metric.
Yes, and...
Then you may consider using build cycle time (start of work until delivery duration) when the team wants to review historical efforts to help with future forecasting and improvement experiments.
__Bill
Hello @Joe Murphy
You can try Time in Status for Jira Cloud, which calculates not only estimated time but time in status, average, and assignee ones.
To get the estimated time, you just need to choose the "Estimate" field in the column manager.
I hope, you find it helpful
Best regards, Mariana
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.