For clarity sake:
Project Name is bold and underlined
Issue Type is italicized
Field Name is bold
"Plan Name" is quoted
---------------------
My set up:
Project: IT has the following issue types:
Project: Dev has the following issue types:
Project: Initiatives has the following issue types:
I am trying to add the Epics from IT and Dev as children to an Initiative I created in Initiatives so that I can create a Plan that Shows me the hierarchy of:
- Initiative
- Epic
- Story
I am doing this based on this article. However, I can only assign Epics as children of Programs. And I can only assign Programs as children of Initiatives.
In the mean time, to get this working, I renamed the Initiative project to Programs, and assign it the Program issue type, and removed the Initiative issue type from that project. I have also added the field Parent Link to Epics and have linked all my Epics within the Dev and IT projects to a single Program in the Programs project. All Epics from multiple projects share the same parent Program.
I create a new Plan called "Programs" with the following Issue sources:
The hierarchy shows:
- Hierarchy = Program to Story
However, I can only see the Program. I cannot see the Epics or Stories. If I add the following Issue sources it works:
- Project = Dev
- Project = IT
However, There are many Epics and stories in these two projects I do not want to show on this board.
My requirements are as follows:
- One Plan to show all Programs within the Programs Project and all children, recursively (Epics and Stories)
- Do not show any issue that is not a child (or grandchild) of a Program
---------------------
My Questions:
Is it expected that I can only add Epics to Programs, and not be able to add them to initiatives? Everywhere I read states you can link Epics to Initiatives.
How do I do achieve my requirements on the Plan?