I have multiple task types, with all the same extra fields like priority, due date, etc. When I for example change it from "task" to "refine" I always get the whole migrate issue steps... It takes like 5 clicks to only change a type.
It does it because the issue type has a lot of configuration hung off it and it needs to check the data is compatible and ask you to change it if it isn't.
You can directly "edit" the issue type, but only when the source and target issue types are using the same workflow and field configurations and contexts.
It happened after we added 2 fields "priority" and "due date", but these fields are connected to all the task types. That's why I don't understand it. Also, we didn't really configure a complex workflow.
The complexity doesn't matter, the direct edit option goes away when issue types are not sharing the same configuration items, even when the separate items are the same as each other.
Okay, and it there a way to let them share "the same configuration items"? I have absolutely no idea what that exactly means.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.