Hi,
I'm using Automation for Jira to run a Scriptrunner script. I need the value of the "initiator" of the rule in my script and I don't see a way to get it. One of the binding variables is currentUser but that is the Actor defined in the rule, not the person who actually triggered the automation rule.
Ultimately, I'm trying to send an email to the initiator. I can use the Send Email action and put "Initiator" in the To field and that works but I need to do some funky processing to build the body of the email - hence the need for a script to actually send the email. I can build and send an email in a script but I don't have the initiator to send it to.
(Man, I really wish we could pass values to, and get values back from, scripts in automation rules.) Anyway, is there a solution for this problem?
Thanks