My team would like to migrate from Next Gen back to Classic Jira. Before we make that migration, we need to know if the history will migrate with the tickets/issues. Do we lose the history or does it stay with the ticket/issue?
Hi Alicia,
Yes, the history will move with it.
However, it is always good to do a single test card first to verify. :-)
Thanks, John. I'll be sure to run a test!
that would be interesting to test out. I have to wonder what possible mess might be presented here given different workflows. Statuses in NG are self-contained and don't translate to other projects. I could see where this could be pretty confusing....
NG statuses/WF = ToDo > InProgress > Done
Migration statuses/WF = Open > In Progress > Resolved
Migration should move current statuses to new statuses, e.g. ToDo == Open, InProgress == In Progress, Done == Resolved. But what would history show?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.