I have exported a big bunch of pages from my documentation space to HTML. It doesn't look super pretty but overall it's pretty usable. However, there are a number of images that are just randomly missing. They appear as broken image tags in my browser, and navigating the local file structure verifies they are not in the attachments folder where they should be.
I can't seem to identify anything different about the missing images vs. other images that came through just fine. Even on the same page, some images will be there and others are missing.
One strange thing I noticed when looking at a page with missing images, is in the list of attachments at the bottom of the page, the image names for the missing ones look different from the ones that are there.
Instead of showing "image-XYZ-NMP.png (image/png)" it shows something like "imageDATESTRING .png?version=1&modificationdate=XYZ&cacheVersion=1&api=v2 (image/png)" But the actual image link looks similar to the other ones. There is no local file that maps to the actual link or the bogus string shown on the page.