Hi Team,
There is a field called "Estimation" in EPIC.
The requirement is to have sum of story points to be calculated and put into "Estimation"
How can I achieve this?
Kindly please help.
Regards,
Neeta Jain
Hi njain2@markem-imaje.com ,
please have a look at Epic Sum Up App from APTIS. I think they provide as solution you are looking for.
Best regards, Bernhard
Means it needs a addon, is it not possible using any script?
I don't think there's anything in "off the shelf" JIRA that would do this for you - theoretically you could write some SQL, but if you're messing around in the database you are probably doing something wrong in any case Either 'Automation' or 'ScriptRunner' would give you the tools you need to accomplish this...I have found the best method to be replacing the epic 'estimation' field with a scriptrunner scripted field which automatically sums up the points from the child tickets.
Hi Hadden,
Exactly I wanted to ask you is it achieve through scripted field.
If yes can you help me to achieve this.
I am new to the scripts, so need some initial help from you,
@Haddon Fisher - I am in the same position where I have a custom field on the Epic that will auto sum story estimates. We can utilize both automation and ScriptRunner as we have access to both and are on Jira Cloud.
Truly appreciate your expertise and assistance.
Kind regards,
Kim
I just realized this was for Cloud; apologies for missing that flag. I am pretty sure ScriptRunner for Cloud doesn't allow scripted fields, but there may be other plugins out there that would do this summing specifically on Cloud.
Let me build a rule in Automation and post a screenshot - off the top of my head I think it would need to be a 'scheduled' trigger.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Scriptrunner-listener-for-storing-sum-of-story-amp-task-story/qaq-p/1011321#U2924955
Using ScriptRunner for Cloud, create a scripted field (https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4jc/latest/features/scripted-fields#_sum_up_story_points_below_an_epic_issue_scripted_field) called "Total Story Points."
<your cloud site>/plugins/servlet/ac/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner/scripted-fields?s=com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner__scripted-fields
For the code, use the following from the Example scripts button and search for "story points."
def currentIssue = Issues.getByKey(issue.key as String)if (currentIssue.getIssueType().name == 'Epic') { return Issues.search("parent='${currentIssue.key}'").collect { child -> child.getCustomFieldValue('Story Points') ?: 0 // if Story Points is null default to zero }.sum()}
Then, you can add Total Story Points to your Epic view screens.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.