So a bunch of projects share the same release train. I would like to be able to create versions in one main project and have those versions copied or automatically created in the other projects.
Is there a way to do that?
Definitely check out the Version Sync app for Jira Cloud.
Hi @Siree
Yes, you may do that with a global / multiple project rule.
For example, let say when a version is created on Project A that you want to also create it in Project B, you would use:
Best regards,
Bill
Hi @Siree , hi @Aron Gombas _Midori_ ,
I am the product manager of Version Sync for Jira.
It's indeed possible to automatically copy versions from one project to others.
Don't hesitate to get in touch with our support, if you have questions or feedback.
I tried that but got an error saying it has to be linked to an issue.
I tried the rule I suggested and it worked for me. Would you please post the error you are seeing, from creating the rule or in the audit log when running the rule?
@Siree @Bill Sheboy Sorry I'm late to the party - which platforms are you on? I'm trying to do this on cloud. Thanks.
Can anyone post a screenshot on how this looks? I am trying in cloud and am doing something wrong as it will not work. It worked once and was posting wrong data, when i tried to do it again, not won't create version as expected.
Hi Karri, here's what's working for me on Jira Cloud:
Additional details in case this helps ...
@Kelly Arrey why do you have two And Creation Verision where the key is verision.name?
If anyone use Script Runner, you can create a Version listener. Have found this was like find a treasure
Hello,
is there a solution for SERVER Version too - not Jira CLOUD?
Thanks
Anette
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.