Hi,
My team has a big backlog and there are constantly new tickets coming in. I'm currently using a very manual approach to allocate stories to releases and sprints and I was wondering if there is a better way of doing this.
1. I score each story based on various factors for priority, I assign a numerical value to each story in the field "QA Estimates". For the next release I will start with the top ranking tickets. On average we manage to get through around 100 points for each release. So I would like either create a filter or show it in the dashboard that the next release will probably contain these tickets.
At the moment I find all the tickets, export to excel and the manually determine the which tickets together will add up to 100. However, when we get new tickets I need to manually repeat the process each time.
2. Once I've selected the "contenders" for the next release, I'll story point these tickets with the team. Then I know that each dev/QA in my team can work through X story points per sprint. Is there a way to show the top ranking tickets until they add up to X story points?
Thanks!