I'm using a JSON export from an on-prem Jira instance and trying to import issues to Jira Cloud. I have a script which maps onprem usernames to account ID's where necessary. I have everything working but issue history. Issue history will not read map the "author" field. I've tried the user's Jira Cloud Account ID, I've tried using their email address they have in Jira Cloud, and I've tried the on-prem username (the default). None of these work. Here's an anonymized example of an issue I'm trying to import.
"issues": [{
"key": "KEY-003",
"summary": "my summary",
"reporter": "onprem_username",
"assignee": "onprem_username",
"description": "my description",
"issueType": "Task",
"status": "To Do",
"priority": "Medium",
"created": 1607527233640,
"updated": 1607529461507,
"watchers": ["x", "y", "z"],
"history": [{
"author": "00000:12356489-777a-777a-777a-aaaaaaa",
"created": 1607527234157,
"items": [{
"fieldType": "custom",
"field": "Epic Link",
"newValue": "1004086",
"newDisplayValue": "KEY-002"
}]
}]
Everything goes up fine except the "author" field in issue history, which just shows up as "user".