Hi! Hoping someone can help me with a project automation that is not acting as I expect. It seems my trigger is not working. I believe I (sort of) understand why, but I don't know how to fix it or how to workaround this issue.
NOTE: Unfortunately, we only have Automation Lite for Jira installed and I am not able to get the PRO version installed, so my capabilities are limited in that regard.
I've attached my workflow, the automation, and the activity log of two example tickets at the bottom of this.
Here is the situation... I have a project automation for which the trigger is "When: Issue transitioned to DRAFT"
As you can see in my workflow, DRAFT is the initial status.
I expected this automation would be triggered both when the ticket is created and also whenever the ticket is transitioned from any other status into DRAFT. However, it seems this automation is NOT being triggered upon ticket creation.
I believe I can see in the activity logs why my automation is not being triggered.
- For the ticket with ID SDT-17, I created the ticket and it was moved to the initial state in my workflow, DRAFT.
- However, the activity log does not show it was actually transitioned to DRAFT.
- For the ticket with ID SDT-18, I created the ticket (it was also moved to the initial state in my workflow), then I manually moved it to REJECTED and back to DRAFT.
- The activity log reflects this.
Once I moved SDT-18 from REJECTED to DRAFT, my automation was triggered and executed as I expected.
For SDT-17, my automation was never triggered.
I believe the solution is to add a post function to my CREATE transition, but I'm not sure which post function needs to be added. I messed with it a bit, but couldn't get it to work.
One workaround I have considered is duplicating the automation and having one with a trigger "When: Issue created" and the other with a trigger "When: Issue transitioned to DRAFT," but that is not really desirable. I already have a lot of automations to maintain and I don't want to add anymore unless absolutely necessary.
Can someone please assist? Or if there is an entirely different way to approach this, please advise.
Thanks!
Kendra
Attachments:
Workflow

Automation:

Activity Log of SDT-17:

Activity Log of SDT-18:
