I am looking at using automations for this but cannot seem to get the right recipe together for this to execute.
How would i go about automatically transitioning an epic to done once all linked issues are marked done?
Hi Scott, do you really mean "linked" issues or do you mean issues that are associated to an Epic via the Epic Link. Just want to be clear as there is a difference.
Here is what I have used to close the epic once all stories are done.
Hey all, thank you for your help. I found the issue in the end was not the automation but rather there was a duplicate "EPIC LINK" custom field that was not the system default. That is what was breaking the automation.
Hi Scott,
Have you already started one that is not working? If so, can you share that one? And what is not working with it.
Gahhhh. That is exactly what i had. Seems really simple and straight forward but it didnt work
i have had mine disabled for some time now (don't need it really) but it certainly was working as I recall. What does your log say?
Hey @Jack Brickey heres what i see. This is currently only applied to the QAA project and that is where im testing this too.
DOH! I have seen it many times where people create a custom field with the same name as a system field.
Oh my... Hopefully this issue can be resolved/mitigated in the future, such as with project references to fields: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-74037
__Bill
In my case problem was in empty assignee field. After I assigned someone to all issue in epic it started to work.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.