Hi, I have the following use case in JSM Cloud
- I have 9000 customers
- Everyone can request new hardware/software, but that needs approval from their manager.
- I would like to automatically set the approver as the reporter's manager (but I can't figure that out without Insight, and that feature of Insight is not available on cloud)
- So instead of #3, I thought I could have the customer select their manager from a select list, but in that case I need a clever way to limit the number of available users in the field. Any ideas?
One idea for #4 is to create a "managers" group, to filter only on managers and that is an easy config.
That still leads to a lot of people, so I would love to limit it even further. For example, only show managers that are in the same group as the reporter or something like that. BUT, I don't know what would be the best way to accomplish this. Again, any ideas?