Hi,
I'm developing an integration between two platforms and need to connect issues in one system to Jira Cloud.
My solution for this integration is to create a custom field with webhooks that listens to "updates" on the field - if the field is empty, trigger a delete webhook, if the field is not empty - connect the issue to the recieving platforms issue (there is logic that I have developed that works for that).
My issue is that I cannot find any information about comparing the old value in the custom field with the new value (if it's different to the old value, the webhook should trigger).
What I want is something similar to Jira servers operator "CHANGED", but instead of needing to hardcode the values I want them to be dynamic:
The "CHANGED" operator is used to find issues that have a value that had changed for the specified field.
This operator has the following optional predicates:
FROM "oldvalue"
TO "newvalue"
With this I was thinking to do something like: "Name of my custom field" oldvalue != newvalue
Any suggestions of what JQL I could use for this or any other method I can use to achieve this? I've checked the operator list for JQLs on Jira Cloud:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-operators/
But havent found anything that fulfills my needs.
Thanks!