I am looking to provide a user guide for my product on the confluence page which should support anonymous access to sites(open to the Public). I would like to know do the cloud version provides this option?
Yes. You need to enable anonymous permission in the global settings, then your space administrators will be able to let in anonymous users for their spaces in the space permissions.
Thank you for the timely response @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Since we now have this option I will recommend my management to take up confluence.
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Can you walk me through how to enable anonymous permission in global settings? I am a site admin on Confluence Cloud but can't see to find that option under Global Permissions. I thought that is where it would be...
Note: until recently, we had "Anonymous" appearing at the bottom of all of our space settings. I have probably had the most active involvement in learning and using Confluence in our company so far, but I don't know that I turned it off. What I do know is that our CISO advised that we turn off anonymous access to certain spaces (it wasn't activated - all the boxes had red Xs for all functions), but I went to several spaces (not all of them) and in updating the space permission, I somehow removed the Anonymous from the list of those spaces. But now "Anonymous" is gone from all of our spaces - even ones I didn't edit space permissions for. I tried creating a new space and it is set to default settings, which doesn't include Anonymous. How do I bring this back so that spaces can choose to have anonymous access or not? We have one space that is going to be used a knowledge base page for customers so we need to be able to grant public access to that space. Thanks for your help! I am getting frustrated trying to find where to change this!
That sounds like you turned off the global anonymous access.
You will still find that under Admin -> Global permissions, it's the last in four sections (users, groups, unlicenced and anonymous) but my guess is that you are not a Confluence admin, so it may be being hidden from you.
If it has been turned off globally, the option disappears from space admin.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.