I have been working quite a bit lately on automation and somewhat learning as I go. Our IT guys are pretty good at it so they've been working with me on it. But they told me a couple of things about it that I was not aware of and need to corroborate or not. For the record, I am working on SM but we also use Jira Software. This is my understanding:
- Automation is a free add-on and not part of the Core. (Maybe this explains why it doesn't appear to be part of admin training.)
- If you have the basic product, you get 1,000 rule executions across all platforms. And when you hit 1,000, the rules just stop. So you could hit that number in your Jira Software and SM combined.
- The way you write rules has an impact on the numbers counted towards the limit. So running rules across multiple projects, writing several rules, etc. when one might do are all impactful.
- If these are all true - and if it's possible that we might scale to 1,000+ - where does one find information on how to go beyond that. I assume by paying for more but what information is there on that?