Dear community,
Environment: Jira Service Management (Cloud)
What I want to achieve: Reopen a resolved issue if the reply / comment does not contain something like "thank".
In a more complex case should be case-insensitive and different languages - see regex examples below...
BTW: for testings below I have removed all additional conditions e.g. condition to check resolved status in order to point out it is related to regex
At a very basic level I could easily use the condition "does not contain" the word "thank" - which will work!

However this is limited only to "thank". Working in a multi-national company I wanted to cover other languages as well. Therefore thought about regex. I had build a more complex regex (see below) but to start with an easier one lets go with this example as it is easier to understand (adapted this from atlassian-documentation). Ignore the case-sensitive for now.
(thank|thx|dank|merci|tia|tnx|grazie|gracia)
This is basically a list of words, separated by pipe.
The automation will look like

However I realised a strange behaviour:
- When using the condition "does not match regex" the issue will be re-opened no matter what the reply is - so even if the comment contains something from the regex
- When using the condition "contains regex" OR "exactly machtes regex" the issue will remain resolved - no matter what the reply is
Initially I had setup the more complex regex already a while ago and I was sure it works:
^(.*(tha?n?ks?|thx|dank*|merci|tia|tnx|grazie|gracia).*)$ /gi
However I realised 1-2 weeks ago that our issues won´t reopen and remain resolved. Therefore I started to investigate and ease our regex to the piped-example shown above.
Feels like as soon you enter any kind of regex the automation or condition does not work correctly anymore - of course maybe I am doing something totally wrong 
As I was sure it works maybe I was wrong
OR it might be related due to the ITSM launch ?!
can you confirm if you face same issues or lead me what I am doing wrong ?
thanks in advance
cheers
felix