I'm finding the new confluence editor not only incredibly frustrating, but it sometimes actively and invisibly does the wrong thing! Here's steps to reproduce the problem I'm seeing:
(1) Create a new page in the new editor.
(2) Attach at least 5 files to the page (using the "Attachments" link under ... More actions on the top right)
(3) Edit the new page, and add links to the new attachments as follows:
(3a) Click the "Link" icon at the top
(3b) Paste in the URL for one of the attachment files in the URL field (top) - this causes a drop-down of other (generally unrelated) pages to appear
(3c) Cut and paste or type in what you want in the text field (bottom) for the link
(4) The above process works fine for the first 4 files (for me). However, for the 5th one and subsequent ones, the drop-down that appears in 3b somehow highlights one of the unrelated pages, and then invisibly replaces the link when I hit "Return" to complete the line. So the linked text looks fine, but the URL it links to is now some random page in Confluence, NOT the attachment I tried to link!
This is highly reproducible since last month (November 3) and obviously it causes serious problems. The only workaround I've found is to check each link in the editor after the edit, and paste in the correct URL again.
Can this be fixed? Or is there a better way to do what I'm trying to do here?