Can I assign a team to an initiative?
And what is exactly the difference between team & project?
THANK YOU!
Hi @lisa,
Yes, you can assign a team to an initiative. You can do so from the Roadmap view in an advanced roadmap plan. Or you can do it directly on your Jira issues, but then there's 2 conditions: make sure the Team custom field is included on your issue screens (Project Settings -> Screens) and your teams must be Shared Teams in advanced roadmaps.
I'm not really sure what you mean by your second question. A project is what needs to be done while a team is the group of people who will do it. But I'm afraid that's not really the explanation you are hoping for :-/ ...
Thank you so much Walter for getting back to me so quickly. 1) Assign team to initiativeI was trying to see how I can do this in the plan itself. See also screenshot below. But when I go to "Team", my "projects" are shown. This is also why I was confused with my second question below
2) Project vs. Team
My question was more about that I don't understand how in Jira the setting of team and project differs. As originally our idea was to set up per team a project. But now I got confused after I saw there is also a "team" feature in Jira
Aha, that makes more sense now :-)
When you create a plan from multiple boards, advanced roadmaps generates a team for you automatically based off the name of the board (or project). You can see that as the Team name appears twice:
If you click on the Teams link (next to the selected Roadmap in your screenshot), you will see those team's names. And you will be able to edit them there and give them a name that makes more sense.
My original statement statement still stands though :-) / the confusion here comes forth mainly from the title of your projects combined with advanced roadmaps generating the team names automatically by pasting " Team" after the project name.
Thank you for the explanation. I indeed did not get that the team was already created by me adding a project to my plan.
Do you have any idea then what the difference is with the "manual" team I can create? I tried to create a team "engagement" which is not assigned to a specific project.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.