Is it possible to migrate from Notion to Confluence? How could that be done? Regards.
Any progress with this one? I need this migration too.
I need this migration too.
Same here
Hi,
Can anyone from Atlassian help here with this question? It's something that I would also be interested in.
Me too. Very interested.
I see many folks asking about a migration from notion to Confluence, but if you think of it with some detail it's a very tough thing to ask. There's not a 1:1 equivalence between what both tools do, so whether a migration is possible or not would depend to a high extent on what type of content you guys have on notion and what are you willing to trade off.
Here are some questions that it would be nice to understand before anyone can think of such a migration.
Really looking forward to some clarity on this. I think in the future there will be a path!
Hello,
I understand what you share, but nevertheless the same problem occurs in reverse, and there are tools that allow you to migrate from Confluence to Notion.
If this is possible to one side, it should be possible to the other as well, don't you think?
Well, that's partially because:
It doesn't work like that from notion to Confluence, because
Basically, anything you bring over from notion and is built with its database features will be static and broken.
That's why I'm trying to imagine what you'd like to carry over.
Também preciso dessa ajuda ...
Is this migration is even on the table? It prevents me from transitioning my organisation to Conf.
Hi all,
Follow this guide for migrating any static tables. But beyond that it won't be helpful.
https://www.notion.so/Export-a-database-as-CSV-89654fbb61264d5eb2025a7606a8e3d4#d57cc3a278ce4f6f857738c0a90f8f61
I'm not sure I'd migrate. Notion is way to handy with all sorts of free functionality that can't be easily found in Confluence or that can't be found for free in Confluence.
same here
Very true. However, keep in mind that you get what you paid for...err, lack there of. Always be weary of any tool that does not have a way to move away from it, essentially locking you in without options. Confluence allows you a way to go to other tools and other tools can come to Confluence. Notion has built their tool on a specific set of requirements that prevents purposely allows migration into but not away from their tool. That should have been a flag to begin with. Add in that they offer you "free" options and you have bought into a dead end.
This is no said with the intent of saying Confluence is the best tool out there but rather that for some Confluence is and for others it is not. However, if those on Confluence find a need to have to move away from it towards a different tool, there are options out there. This is not the case with Notion.
Hi, I got this question in my inbox, because of new answers, and I would like to add another answer/info to this.
One thing that is missing in Confluence compared to Notion is the database feature. That's why my company has build Orderly Databases for Confluence, and app that brings Notion-like databases to Confluence. More info: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Announcing-Orderly-Replace-Confluence-Page-Properties-with/ba-p/1915196
That said, it doesn't have an import feature (yet), but will be soon.
Cheers,-Stefan
Hey @Felipe Sánchez 👋🏼 I'd like to follow up on what Stefan wrote. We added an experimental feature to Orderly last week so you can import data by using copy&paste or a CSV file. So if you're still looking for a way to get your data from Notion databases to Confluence, I'd be happy to support you and discuss your migration situation. If you're interested, you can reach me in our help center or ping me on LinkedIn. Have a great day!
Best, Max
Check out www.notiontoconfluence.com
We're working on a tool to help migrate an entire wiki from Notion to Confluence:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.