Hi all - wondering if anyone has had to do this and has better ideas.
Each calendar month I need to produce figures for each issue type we have in jira - 5 values need to be produced per type, how many created, how many resolved, how many created and resolved within month, how many resolved this year, how many open, how many in backlog.
Seems like no big deal, but I have 20 issue types to report on so thats 100 queries I'm updating each month.
At the moment I have a spreadsheet, with URLs that launch the query into the advanced search JQL. Each month I do a search and replace on that spreadsheet to change the month we're search for. Then I cut and paste each of those queries into a confluence page, one at a time because the confluence editor can't handle anything else, change the table displayed to 'total issue count' instead of table, then create my report based on this.
100 queries x clicks =400 actions.
I'm exhausted! Is there a better way to show a table of totals for queries and easily change the time parameter without all this editing? I've had a play with dashboards but can't see a good widget for this and the built in reports don't have what I need.