Hi,
How do I search multiple values in a column?
For e.g. In the filters on JSD I have a column Employee. I need to search and select issues where movie like '%Rambo%' or movie like '%Tarzan%'
Is this possible with JQL?
Thnaks
S
Depends on the field type.
For text though, try "movie ~ rambo or movie ~ tarzan"
For select type fields, "movie in (rambo, tarzan)" will work
Thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
My user behaviour is very broad
data types
1) Text
2) Digits
Is there a way this can be achived without JQL?
No. Simple search does a a series of limited "and" statements - issues need to match x and y and z. Anything more complex needs explaining to the computer. They're good at executing searches, but bad at guessing what we're really asking, we need to be crystal clear to them (even when we say "do a fuzzy search", it's a clear instruction)
Text is by its nature, fuzzy, we're looking for something close to <a target string>, that's what the ~ operator does.
I am not sure what you mean by "digits" though. I know you mean "stuff with 0-9 in it", but those will always be held as an actual number, or as a string, so I'm not sure what you might be searching for.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.