Is it possible to set a page-level constant that I can pass as parameters to a set of macros on the page?
Well the Cloud version does not support user macros. How were you planning on creating your macros?
Hi Bill, We have templates set up that use the standard /Content by Label Macro, a few times on each page. Most of the filters in the template are static, but depending on the topic of the page we have to go into each Macro and change one of the filters to make it relevant to the page. My objective here is to be able to change one constant on the page and have all the macros pick it up as a parameter.
Does that make sense?
r
I think so, and I think the only way to solve this is with a user macro, which are not available in the cloud version. Or you would have to write a plugin to do what you want (even more complex than a user macro).
Hi Bill,Not sure I agree that the only way to solve this challenge is with a User Macro, as enabling the passing of a parameter to an inbuilt-macro could achieve what I am looking for.I am new to Confluence, and only have experience with the Cloud solution, so I am not familiar with User Macros. It wouldn't want to have to create and maintain our own macro to do everything the inbuilt one does, just adding this feature.Many ways to skin this cat, but my objective is to reduce the effort associated with creating and maintaining pages.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.