When i End my sprint and try to move the unfinished tickets to the New Sprint I get "This issue cannot be edited because of its workflow status."
Hi @cmanikandan
Where there any changes to your workflow? From the error, it sounds like Jira wants to change the issue’s status but cannot perform the transition because the current status has no link to the status Jira wants to move the issue to.
This is just my suspicion as to the cause and I cannot explain why Jira would want to transition such an issue (maybe because it is moving it back to your backlog).
There was not any changes made to the workflow @Ismael Jimoh . Do not know why this error occurs.
Hi @cmanikandan ,
I tested this on a default workflow and had no problem moving an issue that was not completed to the next sprint.
Do you have either the fix version, resolution field or a transition condition on your workflow that prevents moving from the specified status without meeting the said condition?I am honestly lost for words as to why you have the problem in question.
I have exactly the same problem with no solution. I close the sprint, selecting tickets to move to the next sprint then get this error and all tickets are moved to the backlog.
I compared the columns in a board that does not have the issue vs a board that has and they are similar.
There is no indication on which tickets numbers cannot be moved to try and investigate and find a pattern to see why this could be the case.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.