In Jira cloud - I added a component to a project but the field did not create on my issues. Anyone else experience this same problem? Perhaps there's a known bug.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/organize-work-with-components/
Hi @Kim P
When you note "the field did not create on my issues", what do you mean?
In project settings, you add/maintain components. To then add it to a specific issue you edit that issue's component field.
Best regards,
Bill
Hi Bill,
Thanks for the quick message! I followed the instruction, but the actual field "Component" is not visible on my issue. I thought it would automatically become available post creating a component(which I have). Perhaps you could point me in the right direction?
@Kim P
Have you clicked on the "Show 5 more fields" link in the bottom right of the issue display?
Is the project a Classic project?
If so then perhaps the Component field is not included in one of the following:
- the Field Configuration assigned to this issue type in this project
- the Screen configured for this issue type in this project
@Trudy P Claspill - I did already check the "show 5 more" and it's not there. Based on the instruction, I didn't believe we had to configure a new field. Do you know otherwise?
You don't have to configure a new field.
The fields available for issues are based on Field Configuration schemes and Screens. The Components field was probably included in the default schemes that are set up out of the box, but if your organization's JIRA Admin has modified the schemes then the field may have been hidden because it was not being used. The Field Configuration and Screen(s) for the issue types in your project should be checked to confirm the field has not been hidden or removed.
Yes, and...
If the field is missing on the view you can use the Admin Helper (as you appear to be a site admin). On the create or edit view, select the link "Where is my field" and it will guide you.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-the-jira-admin-helper/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.