I'm looking into using Jira for tracking how often customers report issues with their products and to help collect data for later root cause analysis. Customer reported symptoms (such as "this part isn't moving correctly") have a lot of overlap and it can be difficult to tease out what the actual problem is. We use Zendesk for customer communication but I'd like to build a Jira project that can:
- have individual incidents associated with a single product's serial number (eg customer reported problems with X unit)
- multiple separate 'symptoms' can be associated with each incident (eg on X unit, the customer is seeing something not moving correctly AND odd noises AND a firmware update failed, etc)
- photos, etc can be attached for each symptom
- have workflows and resolutions based on those symptoms (eg the firmware update was resolved by the support team but the odd noises meant we had to bring the unit back for repairs)
- have certain fields required for certain symptoms (eg require the current firmware version for failed update symptom)
There are 20 primary symptom types we've categorized, each with 2-6 subtypes. We receive about 1000 customer incidents per month, across thousands of different users and serial numbers. It's very common for a single serial number to display 2-6 symptoms per incident.
I've been a Jira user for a while but I've never configured anything and I'm not sure where to start or what add-ons I might need to make the above a reality. I tried using subtasks for the symptoms but in the new UI it doesn't do what I need out of the box. I'm pretty sure we're on Cloud, if that makes a difference.
Thanks!