I am having an issue created with Type 1. When a user edits the issue and clicks the update button, it should copy the values from a specific field called Confirmation(which is a customized field and I am able to get values from it).
As the update button is pressed, it should create another issue of Type 2, and copy the values from the confirmation field to a field called Gaps. Other values should be copied as well from the issue as well(if possible).
It should then take the values from the Gaps field(which I can get from a sample issue created) and create the sub-tasks for the newly created issue.
What Am I able to do?
I am able to run a script when the update button is pressed, copy values from the Gaps field and the confirmation field.
What I am unable to find?
I am unable to find the script/help to write a script which creates an issue. I am able to find a script that creates sub-fields when a new issue is created but it doesn't demonstrate how to create a new issue. Here is the script that creates a sub-task for a newly created issue.
I am new to Jira. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks a lot