reporter cannot receive email when ticket is assignee. please help... I cannot find the way the config.
Hi @david_yu
Welcome to the Community!
Can you clarify your issue for me? Are you saying that reporters don't get notifications if a ticket is assigned to them?
Hi Green,
Thank you. I mean when we assignee a ticket to an user but the reporter cannot received any email about who is assignee. I need to send a email to reporter if we assignee user. but you can see my upload's photo, the Assignee is blank. and only i can received this email.
Thank you~
David
Hi
Jira doesn't have a standard notification for this - you would need to create one.
The below guide should have everything you need:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-email-notifications-for-a-custom-event/
Hope that helps,
Regards, Liam
@david_yu ,
Sorry i still do not understand the requirement.
Do you mean, when a ticket is assigned to an assignee ,email should go out to reporter?
If so, you can update the 'Issue assigned' event in the notification scheme to include the reporter as well.
Refer to https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-notification-schemes/ for more information
And in the screenshot, i see that a comment is made and the status is changed but the assignee field is not changed. The issue assigned event will be triggered only when the assignee field is updated
I am sorry for you not understand, I mean when I set assignee user, but Reporter will not get any notification, we hope if you change the assignee and the Reporter will received a email. for now only me can get email notification about assignee changed. however, when I get the assignee notification, in the email content assignee field is blank. thank you
I have setup Notification for Reporter. but Reporter just cannot received any assignee user email. thank you
@david_yu , as i mentioned in the earlier comment,
"In the screenshot, i see that a comment is made and the status is changed but the assignee field is not changed. The issue assigned event will be triggered only when the assignee field is updated"
I do not think that you changed the assignee in the transition. If you had manually changed the assignee value in the transition screen but still if the assignee field is not updated, do check whether there is any automation that resets the assignee to empty.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.