Hi everyone,
I try to set two mandatory fields on just one project but I have an error. For example:
How can I fix this?
Thanks a lot,Raul
First, remove the second "description" field, you don't need it, and it's just going to confuse things.
Second, look at the field configuration scheme for your project, and do two things:
Now, find the field configuration in use and copy that. Change the new scheme to use the new field configuration, and then, finally, flip the mandatory/optional flag for "description" in that scheme.
Hi Nic,
I made the changes that you said and now i have to 2 Field Scheme configuration.I assigned one of them at the project and on that scheme i flip the request button as you said, but the problem is that if i flip to mandatory, the changes are spreading on the other projects even if the rest of project have assigned the Default Field Scheme (on copy scheme i select just that screen what i need, than the field disappear from the create issue windows on the rest of projects).
image2015-12-18 16:12:53.png
image2015-12-18 16:13:51.png
image2015-12-18 16:14:34.png
How can i fix it?
Thanks,Raul
Ok, take a step back and look at the schemes you are changing carefully. Each "field configuration" is a shared configuration object. It can be used in many "field configuration schemes". So if you change a mandatory flag in a "field configuration", *all* projects using *any* "field configuration scheme" that uses it will be affected. It sounds to me like you are changing the mandatory flag in a shared configuration. Try reversing it - take the one project that needs to be different from the default and setting up a new "field configuration scheme" just for that project, and then set up new "field configurations" just for that scheme. That will isolate it from the other projects and you can set the flags as you see fit.
I create a new Field Configuration Scheme named "Field Configuration 29.12.2015" but after i created the scheme, it takes automatic the default field configuration with all screens and all project assigned on it.
Can you provide me phone support? The problem take too long and PM does not want delay again.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.