Hi everybody again!
Issue's "Export Word" generates some default document which contains some fields that I don't need. Is there any "free" ways to customize that default template. For instance, Add company's logo an etc.
Thanks in advance!
HI @[deleted]
The short answer is "no", not with out of the box Jira. The response to this suggestion from 2006 seems to indicate no plans to improve export to Word:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-10156
There might be a marketplace add-on for this, and I would suggest another approach:
This is how my teams have created story cards when we needed physical ones for planning, etc.
Best regards,
Bill
Hi Bill,
I am looking also at something similar to do for export of issues. Can you give me a bit more details on how you use the Mail Merge capability from word to link to the export Excel file of the issue?
I appreciate it!
Hi, George. Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Essentially the steps are:
I suggest checking the version of MS Word and Excel you have, and then doing a search on Mail Merge...focusing on the results in the Microsoft documentation pages. That should handle basic reporting for card layouts with merges.
Only investigate the non-MS articles on this if you need more complex layouts: conditional formatting with colors on cards, formulas in the cards from fields, etc.
Remember to save your merge Word document as a source for future reporting.
Hi @[deleted],
I am shruti from miniOrange.
We have got a solution, PDF Exporter & Word Exporter for Jira Issues which can possibly cater to your requirements. The plugin provides an option to export just the fields you need also you can even create your own custom templates.
On the same note, I would like you to know that this add-on is free up to 10 users!
Just check it out once and feel free to let us know!
For more information, you can raise a ticket here or contact us directly at atlassiansupport@xecurify.comBest regards,Shruti
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.