Hi all!
Cascade custom field in Jira can provide only Parent-Child related dropdown list.
How can I make a Grandparent-Parent-Child dropdowns, like:
Country:Region:City:
Thanks in advance!
Hi Timur,
We use ProForma Forms add-on to be able to go to multiple level like that. But if you have a lot of values that might be a little tougher. But you should be able to do it.
Jira doesn't have anything deeper than the cascading select.
You will need to look to multi-level-cascading select apps. However, I do not think there are any for Cloud yet.
Exactly. I did not think that this simple functionality is so hard to include it in Jira cloud...
Hi John,
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I've already send a request for ProForma Lite version, because it is free)). But where can I find manuals or instructions to use it? Will https://docs.thinktilt.com/proforma/ be enough for understanding how to use it?
Thanks
And could you show some template for this please?
Because I could not create such a multi level cascade in demo https://proformademo.thinktilt.net/
It's not as easy as it sounds. The underlying core data structure in Jira does not quite support it and the ability to do that was not seen as important enough by Atlassian. Hence others have gone and created (server) apps to do it. There's a couple of requests for it to be built into Cloud, but they're really not seeing a lot of votes or attention.
Hi @[deleted]Spot on to John for his approach. If you need a second pair of eyes on your design, just reach out to us and we can work with you further. I'm from ProForma and happy to assist as you need. Just reach out to contact us
We have scoured the ends of the earth for a four-level cascade (or even three level) that works in Cloud. We build cars, so Year / Make / Model is an extremely common use case. We will pay handsomely for an app that allows 3+ cascade in Jira Cloud on the CREATE SCREEN.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.