Using a JQL filter (without plugins), how can I get all subtasks based on the Summary field of the parent issue?
I don't want to use plugins
You can’t return the subtasks in the search results but consider...
Thank you @Jack Brickey
So, following your first tip: "search for the summary and return the parent(s). From there you can drill down into the parent and view subtasks", I would need to do this manually every time. Am I right?
correct. in your original post there wasn't any details around your use case so I took a more direct occasional need approach. Can you elaborate on your UC so that I might ponder other solutions?
Right! I think it's ok @Jack Brickey
I had already thought about the option of an automation to set a label.
My scenario is:
1 - We have subtasks that are linked in a parent Task where the Summary ever will contain "Plantão dd/mm/yyyy".
2 - At a certain cadence, we want to export these work items informations to understand the cause and propose improvements.3 - So I would need a JQL that searches for all subtasks whose parent issue summary is "Plantão".
So I thought of a JQL filter to be run by the team administrator. After running the filter, it would export it to a spreadsheet.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.