We have only one space in the Confluence instance and it is visible to anonymous users. All inline comments on its pages are also visible to anonymous users. Is there a way to hide comments from anonymous users? Here's how the space level permissions look currently for anonymous users.
Can you take a screenshot of the permission set (at the space level) for anon users? Generally, you should only have View selected.
Thanks! I've added a screenshot above.
The settings look correct. Have you tried viewing the pages from a different browser that is not logged into your Confluence instance (with caches cleared) to be sure what an anon user actually sees?
I use Chrome, so I just used Incognito mode on it. However, let me try Firefox now.
The company I work for has released a new version of our MultiExcerpt plugin that adds the capability for admins to disable anonymous viewing of inline comments for their site: MultiExcerpt 5.5.0 - Release Notes
The main focus of that release is to allow inline comments to be rendered in INCLUDED content (with the MultiExcerpt Include and Excerpt Include). Confluence does not render inline comments in included content by default.
However, toggling for visibility of anonymous viewing of inline comments on a site was added in response to user feedback.
Now that inline comments can be rendered in included content it is even more obvious that it is difficult/impossible to hide inline comments from anonymous users on pages that they can view.
Here is a connected JIRA ticket for that feature:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-38697https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-5639
Vote there!I have to say that this is very annoying for us. We use confluence as an tool for documentation and provide anonymous access.Comments are also very useful for reviews and team-internal improvement suggestions. The fact that confluence can not hide those comments might be a reason why we will look out for an alternative system soon...
Yet another reason, I cannot see moving to the Cloud anytime in the near future. Add this to many of the missing features in the Cloud version versus server.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.