I am attempting to create a single Automation Rule that will allow me to keep several fields in-sync between an issue (where they can be set), and a sub-task (where they should inherit from the parent).
The challenge is that I need to do this both for when the sub-task is created (to initially set the fields from the parent), and also when the issue is updated (to keep the fields in-sync).
The fields being kept in-sync are a combination of default and custom fields.
I've tried creating a trigger for when an issue is created, and updated. Then I split the logic chain "For Sub-tasks" and "For Current Issue", depending on what is happening, a sub-task being created, or the issue being updated. Unfortunately I can't get both situations to work.
I've also tried a trigger for watching when specific fields are updated during a create and update event. Again, I can't seem to get all situations to work under a single rule.
Any suggestions on how to keep default and custom fields in-sync between an issue and it's sub-task, both when the issue is updated, and when the sub-task is created.
Thank you.
-----------
Edit 1 - adding more information
-----------
I'll try to explain it more thoroughly below.
I'm demonstrating the behavior in two automation rules - but hoping there is a better way, which combines them into a single rule.
In this project there is a sub-task called "Release Notes". There is also a custom field called "Primary QA" that exists on both the Release Note sub-task, and the parent issue. I would like to make sure that the "Primary QA" value of the parent is always in-sync with the "Primary QA" field in the "Release Notes" sub-task. These are the two scenarios I'm trying to make work.
- When the "Primary QA" field is changed in the parent issue, the change is reflected in any existing "Release Notes" sub-tasks. (Currently working with the "Field Sync: Primary QA" automation rule below)
- When a "Release Note" sub-task is created for the parent issue, the new sub-task's "Primary QA" matches what is in the parent issue. (Currently working in "Field Sync: Primary QA 2" automation rule. Attempted as the second branch chain in "Field Sync: Primary QA" automation rule).
It seems I can trigger on when a field is changed, or an issue is created, but if I could trigger on both states, then it seems like I could work through the logic in the automation rule.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for your time!

