I have been recreating my helpdesk rules in the new automation suite offered by Jira but I have been unable to find a working configuration to replicate one of those rules.
My rule is designed to trigger on ticket creation. If a certain string is in the summary it should auto-assign that ticket to the agent who created that ticket. This produces the following errors:
- The actor is Automation for Jira - (User 'xxx...' cannot be assigned issues. (assignee))
- I would be the assignee and have full site admin permissions
- Actor is the user who triggered this rule - Error assigning issues (Forbidden)
- I am Actor - Error assigning issues (Forbidden)
I have tried automation editing the assignee fields, changing it to pull assignee from the issue creator, and various other mechanical automation changes. Nothing appears to work.
I would greatly appreciate any advice or recommendations to fix this.
Thanks,
Chris