Hi,
I have a project that uses multiple workflows and schemes. One of the workflows (which is shared between 27 projects) needs a transition added but since it's active I get the 'cannot add transition to draft...'. I know I need to make a copy of it but I'm worried about all the steps after clicking "Copy". I don't want to mess up the associated schemes or other projects that share this workflow. I read the documentation but it's not as detailed as I need. I didn't find a relevant YouTube video either.
Much appreciated!
Hi @JRodney Estrada ,
If you choose Copy - and you should - It will simply open a copy of the existing workflow in an Inactive status. It will not affect the current active one in anyway whatsoever.
Once you are done with the changes in the new, Inactive workflow, you simply sub out the new inactive workflow for the active workflow in each Workflow Scheme where it exists.
Hi @John Funk ,
Ok, I made a copy and added the missing transition. Now I'm looking at...
Project Settings > Workflows
and the current workflow only has Epic issue type assigned to it.
I'm not sure if I should choose "Add Workflow" or "Switch Scheme" at the top of the page. Am I in the correct place?
Are you needing to attach the new workflow to just certain projects that are already using that workflow? Or will you be replacing for all?
If all, then you will Edit the Workflow Scheme and add an existing workflow (being the new one you just created)
When you add it, just choose the Epic through the wizard process.
Then be sure to Publish the workflow scheme. You will not have to do a Switch Scheme in this case.
If you are just changing some of the projects, you will need to create a new Workflow Scheme and attach the workflows you need for the new scheme.
And then do the Switch Scheme.
Ok, sorry for the million questions. I just want to avoid any mistakes on my side. This is the part that's a little fuzzy for me. I attached a screenshot just in case I didn't describe it correctly. The circled workflow is the only one that needs to be replaced with the updated version. And it's only for this one project. Would you mind repeating the steps for this scenario? Starting with which button I should click- "Add" or "Switch"
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.