This is cluttering the screen on issue types and projects that have nothing to do with code. I tried customizing the view and it doesn't appear in the list of fields like "Development" does. Any ideas on how to remove it from the screen/scheme for certain issue types and projects?
Hi everyone, I'm a developer at Atlassian.
We are working on an update that will change the initial glance to be more generic and will allow opting out of seeing the glance at all.
Thanks for your patience!
Just chiming in that I have the same problem on Jira Core. It's annoying and unnecessary.
Experiencing the same issue. Issue seems related to https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Disable-VSCode-link-in-Jira-Issues/qaq-p/1530684
Same here. Assuming this is an unwanted side effect of some change, especially since this is hardly relevant in Jira Core projects.
You can't remove it, it's an ad. You pay a crapton of money so they can run ads on your screen. I'm really pissed off today.
Where can I create a bug report?
In other News: Atlassian soon to implement short unskippable ad-videos every time you submit a new issue :-D
I created a level 2 support ticket with the message that Microsoft has hacked Jira.
I created a ticket, hope they will listen to us this time: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75552
Got it at work too, paid cloud account.
Remove this Atlassian; ads have no place in paid products.
Will start pushing the office more towards PivotalTracker or maybe others over things like this (after slow performance that is).
"Glance"? Nice wording for advertisements you're pushing into paying customers' faces. Rather feels like a pile of dog poop in front of my office door I'm accidently stepping into...
How do we remove this? I don't use VSCode and don't plan on it. It is quite annoying.
Wow, some product manager really lost sight of their users on this one. A little A/B testing would probably have figured out there is going to be major backlash on something like this.
For people confused on terminology here, "glance" is the technical term developers use for the items on the right side bar. See: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/software/modules/issue-glance/
You install the Adblock plugin, right click on this, however over Adblock, and select "block this ad." I'm still not positive about this - since I also lose my ability to adjust the due date then...
I also suggest providing Atlassian with feedback, since they do try and listen.
We don't want to install Adblock for 1000+ users in out company. We want a vendor that does not abuse our well paid trust in Jira cloud products and undermine their own product strategy by such misplaced, unintelligent advertising SPAM.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Annoying-Advertising-quot-VS-Code-quot-field-showing-up-in-all/qaq-p/1531241
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.