We are a small startup team selling our SaaS product to various organizations and need to be able to track the work happening with each client.
General project organization and adding our current tasks using a Kanban will work well, but where I am having trouble is when I try to consider the best way to link that work to each client "account" (for lack of a better term). Basically, the work we do for clients is ongoing as they are subscription-based, so we need to be able to access what's already been done (along with relevant updates, service requests, etc) or what needs to be done (ie: customization requests) for any one client at any given time.
Through demos and articles, my initial thought is to create a label or tag that would represent each client so that a search would allow us to view history, but I'm wondering if there are other factors I should consider. A board per client was another thought, but I thought that might get to be an org nightmare as we grow.
We are just branching out to a more robust system (previously used Asana, which is no longer working with our expansion) but definitely want to put in the upfront work to ensure we are setting things up in a way that makes sense.
Any input would be very appreciated!
Thanks, team.