How do I change an existing user's email address in Confluence Cloud (free)? I'm logged in as the site admin, yet there seems to be no way to modify the user's email address. The user also cannot change their own email address.
It depends on the user directory you are using. Free Cloud accounts mostly use Atlassian accounts, which belong to the person who created them, and should be maintained via them logging into id.atlassian.com where they will be able to change the email address for the account (but they cannot do it within the applications, it has to be done by account)
I understand what you mean, but in this case the emails associated with the users do not have existing Atlassian accounts. The admin/site account does, but not the additional users.
So what is providing their accounts?
I know I said most free accounts are using Atlassian accounts, but I was weak on that, others are clearly not Atlassian accounts, but that does suggest gsuite or atlassian-access (very not free). We need to know exactly how the account is provided before we can help more.
Ah OK! These accounts were created by using the Cloud Migration assistant from an existing server installation. In theory, I suppose we could change the addresses for those existing accounts first (we're still doing test migrations right now). But I'm still concerned about the ability to change them later.
If it matters, we also do control the domains for the email addresses.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.