Has anyone had issues adding comments to PDF's within Confluence?
That, along with sharing documents, is not working.
Stephen,
Welcome to the community. Sharing and commenting are working just fine in multiple browsers for me. Often time for commenting individual grab the pin in the upper right hand corner and try to drag it. You need to hover over the pdf page and a menu will appear this is where you need to drag the pin from. See image below.
I'm now using the Cloud version of Confluence and the expected comment pin doesn't show up. It only shows zoom, full screen and presentation. The pin is missing.
I'm used to the Datacenter version. Does this feature exist in Cloud?
@Cameron Gull If the file is on a page and you click it then for some reason it will not show up. If you select view on the attachments page then the comment option is available. https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/share-and-comment-on-files/
Thanks Brant. I actually had just discovered that, but wow, that's certainly not the most intuitive approach.
Gone are the days when you could simply click on a thumbnail of a PDF and add comments? Adding attachments, opening the flag and clicking on View just isn't intuitive. We'd really struggle with Confluence adoption here if this persists. Please tell me this is seen as a bug and will get resolved?
The Data Center version works as expected (but everything else seems 5+ years old). I was hoping the Cloud version was far more modern but seems like we want backwards in this instance.
You might want to check out Workflow - it’s essentially Trello, but specifically designed for teams who need to proof PDFs and other creative assets. You create tasks, upload PDFs, and comment on them right in the app. (full disclosure - I'm one of the founders!).
We're currently in closed beta, but if you’re interested in getting early access, lmk (paul@workflow.design). I'd be more than happy to hook you up and get your feedback
Cheers! 😊
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.