Hello,
Is someone can explain me if it's possible (and how to do) to create with jira automation a new sprint and create issue on it ?
Regards,
Adrien
Hi Adrien.
First go to your settings in your project and click automation tab. Now you can strat creating an automation rule.
The only thing I can think of affecting Sprints is the Branch Rule related Issue block. With that, you are able to run certain conditions for all issues in the sprint. You can imagine putting another block condition inside the Branch Rule block to affect certain issues on your sprint.
I am not sure that it would be the best fit for your need though. Could you describe us what you want to do more precisely please ? You might not need automation maybe.
Let us know
Hi Flavien, thanks for your answer My need is when i create a new sprint, i would like to create default issues in this new sprint.Below my current test to set a sprint to the issue created in this automation, but i can't find the right parameter to set in Sprint field ...
It seems that it is impossible to select the sprint you just created to put your new tasks.
To work this around, you can trigger the action on the start of the sprint. That way, it would create tasks when the sprint is started but it is not the original need.
Can it be enough to satisfy your need ?
Great workaround thanks !
@Rudy Holtkamp I created an automation using sprint.id field but getting an error, my sprint field is set to text , here is an example of my typical sprint name TEAMA SPRINT 88
Hi @Ankit Rawat ,
Your trigger is wrong. You should trigger on 'sprint created'.
If you trigger on issue created the smart value sprint.id is not filled.
Thanks @Rudy Holtkamp for the quickest reply. I'm pasting my full rule, it does trigger once the sprint gets created
Sorry, then I misinterpreted the audit Log
Could you log the smart value of the sprint and sprint id? I do not see any obvious mistakes in the rule.
But if Atlassian changed something, you might need to convert string.id to a number. {{string.id.asNumber}}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.