Hi there, I would like to set up a client (outsource) to only being able to view ONE epic in our project.
[Kanban]How can I do this?
Hi Weeda - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
You can do it but it is a little convoluted.
You would setup Issue Level Security for the project with the Epic. Then apply the Security Level to the Epic itself.
In the security level you would grant access to the all users basically so more than just the external user can see it.
However, you would need to change the permission scheme for every project to not allow all users to have the Browse Project permission.
If I have a Company Level instance of Jira I am working on setting up. And one of the requests is to have certain Vendors only have access to certain information, makes sense. My thinking was setting up Security Access at the EPIC or EPIC's level. My thinking to do this is that I see the benefit of all of IT eventually working in Jira and Project level work is killing us. The same resource on 3 Jira Project etc...Is there a better way to solve this? Or what is the best way to solve this?
If they vendor can see all of the issues in a single project, then you can handle that with the Permission Scheme - only grant that permission to the vendor/user.
If they can see some issues on the project but not other issues, then you will have to do that with Issue Level Security. But you can't just set the security level on the Epic - it has to be on every issue under the Epic also.
Not sure that I am fully understanding the need/question though.
As a company that works with many vendors and I want to restrict as so that the vendor only focuses on their work and is unaware of other competing work so that Vendors do not get exposed to Secure content or Industry leading requirements comprising our cutting edge development activities.
AC:
Company setup in Jira to take advantage of Company instance features
Vendors restricted to their work
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.