This question is in reference to Atlassian Developer Documentation: JIRA REST API Example - Edit issues
I'm experimenting with the REST Api described on this page :
https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-apis/jira-rest-apis/jira-rest-api-tutorials/jira-rest-api-example-edit-issues
When I try the first example (Example of assigning an issue to user "harry"), I'm getting following errors :
curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'fields'curl: (3) <url> malformedcurl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'assignee:name'curl: (3) [globbing] unmatched close brace/bracket in column 1curl: (3) [globbing] unmatched close brace/bracket in column 1HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
This is the command I'm sending :
curl -D- -u %myuser:mypassword% -X PUT --data @data.txt -H "Content-Type: application/json" https://%mycloudurl%/rest/api/2/issue/%myissue%
data.txt :
{ "fields": { "assignee":{"name":"harry"} }}
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong ?
First problem is curl is not liking your input. Try to redo your input to something more similar to this example,
http://stackoverflow.com/a/29003279
Good luck.
I solved the problem by putting the data directly in the command and by using single quotes.
Like this :
curl -D- -u %myuser:mypassword% -X PUT --data '{"fields": {"assignee":{"name":"harry"}}}' -H "Content-Type: application/json" https://%mycloudurl%/rest/api/2/issue/%myissue%
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.