I created a rule to:
*** Problem ***
In the 'Sprint name filter' field I don't know the command to include all current and future sprints. I tried:
I few screenshots below:
Hi @Gonzalo Benitez de lugo,
Pardon me asking, but I am wondering why you would want to add/delete a label INOPENSPRINTS on issues that you can search for using JQL.
This statement would give you all issues in sprints that were started but not completed:
Sprint in OpenSprints()
And this statement would give you all issues in sprints that were created but not started:
Sprint in FutureSprints()
@Walter Buggenhout the way we organized our Backlog is as follows:
The issue with the SUBTASKS is that they don't have the SPRINT field. The following filter returns no results:
issuetype = Subtask AND sprint in openSprints()
I want to know what SUBTASKS are in the Sprint. Therefore I created the following rule:
WHEN [Sprint] field is editedIF [issueType = Story] AND [Sprint in openSprints()]THEN add [label = LABELOPENSPRINT] to issueAND add [label = LABELOPENSPRINT] to All Childs
As a result I can filter by:
issuetype = Subtask AND labels = LABELOPENSPRINT
This filter returns the SUBTASK in openSprints() correctly but I realized that there's a gap:
Thanks for the detailed explanation, @Gonzalo Benitez de lugo,
Wouldn't it be easier to just add the Sprint field to your subtask screen then? I have checked and that should be possible in both classic and next-gen projects:
In classic projects, in project configuration locate the screens associated with the subtask issue type. Add the Sprint field to the create / edit / view screens as needed.
In next-gen projects go to project settings and look at the Subtask issue type configuration under issue types.
@Walter Buggenhout the Subtasks are showing the Sprints from their Parents. That's OK but the following filter returns no results:
project = XXX AND issueType = Subtask AND sprint in openSprints()
The reason – as I could see in the forum – is that Subtasks don't have {{Sprint}} itself. Instead they inherit it from their parent. This is why for Jira the {{Subtask.Sprint}} will be always EMPTY even if it shows that {{issue.Sprint}} is not EMPTY.
See the following example.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.