Hi all, I have issues with the following.
I work in a big UX/UI team of +100 people. In this team, we have several projects/smaller teams. We now want to use Jira to set up scrum boards to manage our work.
I have created one Jira site for the whole UX/UI team. In this team, I have started with 3 different boards (one board per project within the UX/UI team) and created some first Jira issues, which I have placed in their different boards.
What I don't understand is:
- All issues are seen, for all boards. When I go to board 1, I can still see issues belonging to board 2. I tried fixing this with filters, creating board filters. Adding labels to all the issues and filtering only the issues with certain labels, to be seen in the board. That worked, even though it's not optimal to have to teach everyone to use filters, otherwise tickets will get lost.
- Now I want to start a sprint for one of the boards, but here is also trouble. When I clicked to start the sprint in Board 1, it seems like it's affecting the other boards as well. At least it seems to be affecting the other issues, not only the issue I can see in the current board I want to start sprint from. I want the boards to be separated from each other as they are separate projects.
- I also want to add some users to have access to Board 1 and some other to Board 2. Right now it's like everyone can see everything. That is not how it should be.
Maybe I have understood this wrong. Maybe I need to create different Jira sites for all these different projects. Instead of having one huge Jira site for the whole UX/UI, having one Jira for Board 1, another one for Board 2, etc. Is that correct?
Thank you!